Sep 11, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
James Mirtle of The Globe And Mail hears from Burke about how he’s going to stick with what he’s got when it comes to tinkering with the Leafs lineup.
“Based on the lack of activity that I see out there, no I don’t think I’ll do anything else right now,” Burke said before the Leafs teed off for their annual charity golf tournament, an event which generally marks a week or so before training camp. “We’ll probably go with this group.”
When you look at the Leafs’ roster you could say they’re lacking depth on the blue line, but with former Leaf Carlo Colaiacovo being perhaps the best veteran free agent, that’s not a road they’re likely to travel again.
Burke, of course, is under tremendous pressure to the Leafs back to the playoffs as they haven’t been to the postseason since 2003-04, the final season before the last lockout. If nothing else, Burke is headstrong believing in his team.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 17
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)