Sep 11, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
James Mirtle of The Globe And Mail hears from Burke about how he’s going to stick with what he’s got when it comes to tinkering with the Leafs lineup.
“Based on the lack of activity that I see out there, no I don’t think I’ll do anything else right now,” Burke said before the Leafs teed off for their annual charity golf tournament, an event which generally marks a week or so before training camp. “We’ll probably go with this group.”
When you look at the Leafs’ roster you could say they’re lacking depth on the blue line, but with former Leaf Carlo Colaiacovo being perhaps the best veteran free agent, that’s not a road they’re likely to travel again.
Burke, of course, is under tremendous pressure to the Leafs back to the playoffs as they haven’t been to the postseason since 2003-04, the final season before the last lockout. If nothing else, Burke is headstrong believing in his team.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 7
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)