Sep 11, 2012, 4:32 PM EST
James Mirtle of The Globe And Mail hears from Burke about how he’s going to stick with what he’s got when it comes to tinkering with the Leafs lineup.
“Based on the lack of activity that I see out there, no I don’t think I’ll do anything else right now,” Burke said before the Leafs teed off for their annual charity golf tournament, an event which generally marks a week or so before training camp. “We’ll probably go with this group.”
When you look at the Leafs’ roster you could say they’re lacking depth on the blue line, but with former Leaf Carlo Colaiacovo being perhaps the best veteran free agent, that’s not a road they’re likely to travel again.
Burke, of course, is under tremendous pressure to the Leafs back to the playoffs as they haven’t been to the postseason since 2003-04, the final season before the last lockout. If nothing else, Burke is headstrong believing in his team.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 5
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 74
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 72
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 63
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 37
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 72
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (170)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (75)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (72)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (72)