Sep 11, 2012, 4:32 PM EST
James Mirtle of The Globe And Mail hears from Burke about how he’s going to stick with what he’s got when it comes to tinkering with the Leafs lineup.
“Based on the lack of activity that I see out there, no I don’t think I’ll do anything else right now,” Burke said before the Leafs teed off for their annual charity golf tournament, an event which generally marks a week or so before training camp. “We’ll probably go with this group.”
When you look at the Leafs’ roster you could say they’re lacking depth on the blue line, but with former Leaf Carlo Colaiacovo being perhaps the best veteran free agent, that’s not a road they’re likely to travel again.
Burke, of course, is under tremendous pressure to the Leafs back to the playoffs as they haven’t been to the postseason since 2003-04, the final season before the last lockout. If nothing else, Burke is headstrong believing in his team.
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 8
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15