Sep 11, 2012, 4:32 PM EDT
James Mirtle of The Globe And Mail hears from Burke about how he’s going to stick with what he’s got when it comes to tinkering with the Leafs lineup.
“Based on the lack of activity that I see out there, no I don’t think I’ll do anything else right now,” Burke said before the Leafs teed off for their annual charity golf tournament, an event which generally marks a week or so before training camp. “We’ll probably go with this group.”
When you look at the Leafs’ roster you could say they’re lacking depth on the blue line, but with former Leaf Carlo Colaiacovo being perhaps the best veteran free agent, that’s not a road they’re likely to travel again.
Burke, of course, is under tremendous pressure to the Leafs back to the playoffs as they haven’t been to the postseason since 2003-04, the final season before the last lockout. If nothing else, Burke is headstrong believing in his team.
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 0
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 7
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 11
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)