Sep 11, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
Contrary to earlier rumblings, this week’s NHLPA meetings won’t force every Calgary Flames player to miss the squad’s charitable golf event.
As many as 10 Flames players are expected to attend the meetings, however, according to Wes Gilbert.
Flames president Ken King released a statement about the event.
“The players who are not attending the NHLPA meetings this week in New York and are in the city already for camp, have advised us that they will be swinging the clubs for the Flames Foundation for Life,” King said. “We respect and understand the scheduling conflict that exists and appreciate that our available players have made the decision to participate.”
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34