Sep 11, 2012, 8:50 PM EST
Contrary to earlier rumblings, this week’s NHLPA meetings won’t force every Calgary Flames player to miss the squad’s charitable golf event.
As many as 10 Flames players are expected to attend the meetings, however, according to Wes Gilbert.
Flames president Ken King released a statement about the event.
“The players who are not attending the NHLPA meetings this week in New York and are in the city already for camp, have advised us that they will be swinging the clubs for the Flames Foundation for Life,” King said. “We respect and understand the scheduling conflict that exists and appreciate that our available players have made the decision to participate.”
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 41
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 60
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)