Sep 11, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
Contrary to earlier rumblings, this week’s NHLPA meetings won’t force every Calgary Flames player to miss the squad’s charitable golf event.
As many as 10 Flames players are expected to attend the meetings, however, according to Wes Gilbert.
Flames president Ken King released a statement about the event.
“The players who are not attending the NHLPA meetings this week in New York and are in the city already for camp, have advised us that they will be swinging the clubs for the Flames Foundation for Life,” King said. “We respect and understand the scheduling conflict that exists and appreciate that our available players have made the decision to participate.”
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 0
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 7
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 17
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 37
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 21
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)