Sep 11, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
Contrary to earlier rumblings, this week’s NHLPA meetings won’t force every Calgary Flames player to miss the squad’s charitable golf event.
As many as 10 Flames players are expected to attend the meetings, however, according to Wes Gilbert.
Flames president Ken King released a statement about the event.
“The players who are not attending the NHLPA meetings this week in New York and are in the city already for camp, have advised us that they will be swinging the clubs for the Flames Foundation for Life,” King said. “We respect and understand the scheduling conflict that exists and appreciate that our available players have made the decision to participate.”
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 1
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 0
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 13
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 33
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 19
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 58
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 26