Sep 11, 2012, 8:50 PM EST
Contrary to earlier rumblings, this week’s NHLPA meetings won’t force every Calgary Flames player to miss the squad’s charitable golf event.
As many as 10 Flames players are expected to attend the meetings, however, according to Wes Gilbert.
Flames president Ken King released a statement about the event.
“The players who are not attending the NHLPA meetings this week in New York and are in the city already for camp, have advised us that they will be swinging the clubs for the Flames Foundation for Life,” King said. “We respect and understand the scheduling conflict that exists and appreciate that our available players have made the decision to participate.”
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4