Sep 11, 2012, 7:25 PM EDT
Add “offer Justin Bieber a tryout” to the list of colorful things that hockey leagues have done to draw attention.
The ECHL’s Bakersfield Condors are the team in question, earning bonus points for an amusing “scouting report” for the pop star:
- Soft hands
- A good skating stride
- The highlight is: “A devastating wrist shot capable of beating NHL-caliber goaltenders.”
Perhaps the most amusing bit describes his “sick flow.”
The 5’7″, slender built superstar should provide a rookie presence for the second-year laden Condors squad. Plus, his sick flow will fit right in with a Condors team known for their style. The Condors have reserved his much publicized favorite number 6 to be worn in Condorstown.
The Condors are basing much of their humor on Bieber’s practice session with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
This video provides a glimpse of those “soft hands.”
More hockey-related Bieber fun
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40