Sep 11, 2012, 10:18 PM EDT
EA Sports released NHL 13 for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 today (unless you’re a European PS3 owner – then you get it Wednesday).
Various Web sites already have reviews for the only major console hockey game, so let’s take a brisk look around.
- Game Informer loves the game “between the whistles,” but states that the computer-operated GMs make enough poor decisions to “break the fantasy.” The Wall Street Journal seems smitten with the changes, though.
- The dramatically altered skating draws mixed reactions. Game Trailers praised the bump in realism yet also stated that the tweaks might not make for a more enjoyable game. The Verge raves that the system gets at “the heart of the game.” Xbox Magazine is somewhere in between, viewing the change as a bridge between an even bigger leap in gameplay.
- Should you buy it if you own NHL 12, though? Canadian Online Gamers and Operation Sports are among the venues who lean toward yes while Game Revolution isn’t so sure.
The game hasn’t been available for very long just yet, but what are your thoughts so far?
If you want a humorous take on NHL 13’s release, take a look at Sean McIndoe’s piece.
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 1
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 38
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 47
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 54
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)