Sep 11, 2012, 10:18 PM EDT
EA Sports released NHL 13 for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 today (unless you’re a European PS3 owner – then you get it Wednesday).
Various Web sites already have reviews for the only major console hockey game, so let’s take a brisk look around.
- Game Informer loves the game “between the whistles,” but states that the computer-operated GMs make enough poor decisions to “break the fantasy.” The Wall Street Journal seems smitten with the changes, though.
- The dramatically altered skating draws mixed reactions. Game Trailers praised the bump in realism yet also stated that the tweaks might not make for a more enjoyable game. The Verge raves that the system gets at “the heart of the game.” Xbox Magazine is somewhere in between, viewing the change as a bridge between an even bigger leap in gameplay.
- Should you buy it if you own NHL 12, though? Canadian Online Gamers and Operation Sports are among the venues who lean toward yes while Game Revolution isn’t so sure.
The game hasn’t been available for very long just yet, but what are your thoughts so far?
If you want a humorous take on NHL 13’s release, take a look at Sean McIndoe’s piece.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 14
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 11
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)