Sep 11, 2012, 10:18 PM EDT
EA Sports released NHL 13 for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 today (unless you’re a European PS3 owner – then you get it Wednesday).
Various Web sites already have reviews for the only major console hockey game, so let’s take a brisk look around.
- Game Informer loves the game “between the whistles,” but states that the computer-operated GMs make enough poor decisions to “break the fantasy.” The Wall Street Journal seems smitten with the changes, though.
- The dramatically altered skating draws mixed reactions. Game Trailers praised the bump in realism yet also stated that the tweaks might not make for a more enjoyable game. The Verge raves that the system gets at “the heart of the game.” Xbox Magazine is somewhere in between, viewing the change as a bridge between an even bigger leap in gameplay.
- Should you buy it if you own NHL 12, though? Canadian Online Gamers and Operation Sports are among the venues who lean toward yes while Game Revolution isn’t so sure.
The game hasn’t been available for very long just yet, but what are your thoughts so far?
If you want a humorous take on NHL 13′s release, take a look at Sean McIndoe’s piece.
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 0
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 22
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 5
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)