Sep 11, 2012, 10:18 PM EDT
EA Sports released NHL 13 for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 today (unless you’re a European PS3 owner – then you get it Wednesday).
Various Web sites already have reviews for the only major console hockey game, so let’s take a brisk look around.
- Game Informer loves the game “between the whistles,” but states that the computer-operated GMs make enough poor decisions to “break the fantasy.” The Wall Street Journal seems smitten with the changes, though.
- The dramatically altered skating draws mixed reactions. Game Trailers praised the bump in realism yet also stated that the tweaks might not make for a more enjoyable game. The Verge raves that the system gets at “the heart of the game.” Xbox Magazine is somewhere in between, viewing the change as a bridge between an even bigger leap in gameplay.
- Should you buy it if you own NHL 12, though? Canadian Online Gamers and Operation Sports are among the venues who lean toward yes while Game Revolution isn’t so sure.
The game hasn’t been available for very long just yet, but what are your thoughts so far?
If you want a humorous take on NHL 13′s release, take a look at Sean McIndoe’s piece.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 4
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 16
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 20
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)