Sep 11, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
“I’m like anyone else; we’re too far apart right now to really be optimistic,” Sedin said. “But you never know, there’s four, five days to get things started. We’ll see what happens.”
Sedin said he was “almost in shock” when he heard the details of the owners’ original proposal.
“It was an offer that, you never want to laugh at it, but it was almost like that,” Sedin said.
(He probably laughed at it. Just saying.)
The Swedish star admits the Vancouver Canucks’ window might be getting smaller, making the prospect of a lost season that much more daunting.
“Every year now, we’ve got a chance to play for the Stanley Cup,” Sedin said. “Hopefully, like I said, if not the whole season, have at least part of the season [and] get a chance to get in the playoffs again.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)