Sep 11, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
“I’m like anyone else; we’re too far apart right now to really be optimistic,” Sedin said. “But you never know, there’s four, five days to get things started. We’ll see what happens.”
Sedin said he was “almost in shock” when he heard the details of the owners’ original proposal.
“It was an offer that, you never want to laugh at it, but it was almost like that,” Sedin said.
(He probably laughed at it. Just saying.)
The Swedish star admits the Vancouver Canucks’ window might be getting smaller, making the prospect of a lost season that much more daunting.
“Every year now, we’ve got a chance to play for the Stanley Cup,” Sedin said. “Hopefully, like I said, if not the whole season, have at least part of the season [and] get a chance to get in the playoffs again.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)