Sep 10, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Sabres owner Terry Pegula isn’t about to risk stepping out of line.
When asked this morning about the current CBA negotiations between the NHL and the players, Pegula would only tell the Buffalo News: “I can’t tell you anything, just that talks continue. I don’t want to lose draft picks.”
Presumably losing draft picks would be a fine the NHL could levy on an individual owner for undermining the owners’ collective position.
Miami Heat owner Micky Arison was fined $500,000 for comments he made during last year’s NBA lockout.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 28
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3