Sep 10, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
Sabres owner Terry Pegula isn’t about to risk stepping out of line.
When asked this morning about the current CBA negotiations between the NHL and the players, Pegula would only tell the Buffalo News: “I can’t tell you anything, just that talks continue. I don’t want to lose draft picks.”
Presumably losing draft picks would be a fine the NHL could levy on an individual owner for undermining the owners’ collective position.
Miami Heat owner Micky Arison was fined $500,000 for comments he made during last year’s NBA lockout.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 54
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)