Sep 10, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Sabres owner Terry Pegula isn’t about to risk stepping out of line.
When asked this morning about the current CBA negotiations between the NHL and the players, Pegula would only tell the Buffalo News: “I can’t tell you anything, just that talks continue. I don’t want to lose draft picks.”
Presumably losing draft picks would be a fine the NHL could levy on an individual owner for undermining the owners’ collective position.
Miami Heat owner Micky Arison was fined $500,000 for comments he made during last year’s NBA lockout.
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 5
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 7
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)