Sep 10, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Sabres owner Terry Pegula isn’t about to risk stepping out of line.
When asked this morning about the current CBA negotiations between the NHL and the players, Pegula would only tell the Buffalo News: “I can’t tell you anything, just that talks continue. I don’t want to lose draft picks.”
Presumably losing draft picks would be a fine the NHL could levy on an individual owner for undermining the owners’ collective position.
Miami Heat owner Micky Arison was fined $500,000 for comments he made during last year’s NBA lockout.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 56
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15