Sep 10, 2012, 7:40 PM EST
“I can’t wait for the opportunity to throw my Buffalo Sabres jersey on,” Ott said. “Hopefully it starts in October, and it’s ready to go. I love this team. It’s a young team, but it’s molded right.”
Being traded can make a player anxious to prove himself in a normal season, so Ott says a lockout would really be a shame.
“It’s tough,” Ott said. “We want to play, and we want to get going. I think every single guy is ready to go. It would be a complete shame if the doors are locked by ownership.”
Think of all the pent-up pestering energy Ott might have if a lockout goes long.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54