Sep 10, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
“I can’t wait for the opportunity to throw my Buffalo Sabres jersey on,” Ott said. “Hopefully it starts in October, and it’s ready to go. I love this team. It’s a young team, but it’s molded right.”
Being traded can make a player anxious to prove himself in a normal season, so Ott says a lockout would really be a shame.
“It’s tough,” Ott said. “We want to play, and we want to get going. I think every single guy is ready to go. It would be a complete shame if the doors are locked by ownership.”
Think of all the pent-up pestering energy Ott might have if a lockout goes long.
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 13
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14