Sep 10, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
Lost in the story of those charges being dropped (Byfuglien plead guilty to a careless boating misdemeanor) was the shape Big Buff appeared to be in — specifically, the roundness of it.
Now it turns out that courthouse shot wasn’t the only pic capturing Byfuglien’s offseason form.
The Bolland nuptials took place on July 13 — nearly two months ago — and to be fair, Byfuglien has a history of bulking up during the summer only to arrive at camp at (or near) his playing weight.
Case in point: Buff reportedly weighed 286 pounds upon his 2011 arrest in Minnesota, but reported to Jets camp at 266.
“[Byfuglien's] powerful and he gets around the ice,” Jets defenseman Mark Stuart told the Winnipeg Free Press at the time. “He’s fit and he won’t be winded. When you look at him, you’re not seeing a guy that’s cut. That’s not his body.
“Even if he wanted, he couldn’t be chiseled.”
Fair enough. We should also point out that, based on a picture from Winnipeg captain Andrew Ladd’s Instragram account, Byfuglien’s size could be all about the angles.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)