Sep 10, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
Lost in the story of those charges being dropped (Byfuglien plead guilty to a careless boating misdemeanor) was the shape Big Buff appeared to be in — specifically, the roundness of it.
Now it turns out that courthouse shot wasn’t the only pic capturing Byfuglien’s offseason form.
The Bolland nuptials took place on July 13 — nearly two months ago — and to be fair, Byfuglien has a history of bulking up during the summer only to arrive at camp at (or near) his playing weight.
Case in point: Buff reportedly weighed 286 pounds upon his 2011 arrest in Minnesota, but reported to Jets camp at 266.
“[Byfuglien’s] powerful and he gets around the ice,” Jets defenseman Mark Stuart told the Winnipeg Free Press at the time. “He’s fit and he won’t be winded. When you look at him, you’re not seeing a guy that’s cut. That’s not his body.
“Even if he wanted, he couldn’t be chiseled.”
Fair enough. We should also point out that, based on a picture from Winnipeg captain Andrew Ladd’s Instragram account, Byfuglien’s size could be all about the angles.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (98)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)