Sep 10, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
Lost in the story of those charges being dropped (Byfuglien plead guilty to a careless boating misdemeanor) was the shape Big Buff appeared to be in — specifically, the roundness of it.
Now it turns out that courthouse shot wasn’t the only pic capturing Byfuglien’s offseason form.
The Bolland nuptials took place on July 13 — nearly two months ago — and to be fair, Byfuglien has a history of bulking up during the summer only to arrive at camp at (or near) his playing weight.
Case in point: Buff reportedly weighed 286 pounds upon his 2011 arrest in Minnesota, but reported to Jets camp at 266.
“[Byfuglien’s] powerful and he gets around the ice,” Jets defenseman Mark Stuart told the Winnipeg Free Press at the time. “He’s fit and he won’t be winded. When you look at him, you’re not seeing a guy that’s cut. That’s not his body.
“Even if he wanted, he couldn’t be chiseled.”
Fair enough. We should also point out that, based on a picture from Winnipeg captain Andrew Ladd’s Instragram account, Byfuglien’s size could be all about the angles.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)