Sep 10, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
Lost in the story of those charges being dropped (Byfuglien plead guilty to a careless boating misdemeanor) was the shape Big Buff appeared to be in — specifically, the roundness of it.
Now it turns out that courthouse shot wasn’t the only pic capturing Byfuglien’s offseason form.
The Bolland nuptials took place on July 13 — nearly two months ago — and to be fair, Byfuglien has a history of bulking up during the summer only to arrive at camp at (or near) his playing weight.
Case in point: Buff reportedly weighed 286 pounds upon his 2011 arrest in Minnesota, but reported to Jets camp at 266.
“[Byfuglien’s] powerful and he gets around the ice,” Jets defenseman Mark Stuart told the Winnipeg Free Press at the time. “He’s fit and he won’t be winded. When you look at him, you’re not seeing a guy that’s cut. That’s not his body.
“Even if he wanted, he couldn’t be chiseled.”
Fair enough. We should also point out that, based on a picture from Winnipeg captain Andrew Ladd’s Instragram account, Byfuglien’s size could be all about the angles.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 7
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 14
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)