Sep 10, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
Lost in the story of those charges being dropped (Byfuglien plead guilty to a careless boating misdemeanor) was the shape Big Buff appeared to be in — specifically, the roundness of it.
Now it turns out that courthouse shot wasn’t the only pic capturing Byfuglien’s offseason form.
The Bolland nuptials took place on July 13 — nearly two months ago — and to be fair, Byfuglien has a history of bulking up during the summer only to arrive at camp at (or near) his playing weight.
Case in point: Buff reportedly weighed 286 pounds upon his 2011 arrest in Minnesota, but reported to Jets camp at 266.
“[Byfuglien’s] powerful and he gets around the ice,” Jets defenseman Mark Stuart told the Winnipeg Free Press at the time. “He’s fit and he won’t be winded. When you look at him, you’re not seeing a guy that’s cut. That’s not his body.
“Even if he wanted, he couldn’t be chiseled.”
Fair enough. We should also point out that, based on a picture from Winnipeg captain Andrew Ladd’s Instragram account, Byfuglien’s size could be all about the angles.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)