Sep 9, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
Alex Ovechkin has been one of, if not the, biggest sports star in Washington, D.C. for years now. But now with the NFL season starting and the NHL possibly locking out, he’s got time to advise the city’s newest sensation.
Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com shares with us Ovechkin’s helpful hints to Redskins rookie star Robert Griffin III on how best to make it in the nation’s capital.
“I think he’s good right now,” Ovechkin said. “He has to be himself, that’s the most important thing. It doesn’t matter what other people say or if he’s going make a bad play or a good play. He just has to concentrate on his own [game].”
Not to read too deeply into what Ovechkin is saying, but that sounds exactly like what he does for himself. Ovechkin has always been his own guy in Washington: Exuberant, electric, and exciting, and it’s paid off well in almost every way. That Stanley Cup title still eludes him, but two MVP awards is pretty good.
If RGIII manages to follow Ovechkin’s advice to the letter, Ovi might not be the biggest star in the city for much longer.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 29
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 87
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 14
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (83)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)