Sep 9, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
You could say contract negotiations between the New York Rangers and RFA Michael Del Zotto have been a little dicey.
“He’ll come to his senses,” Sather said. “We’ve been down this road before with guys that just have come out of their entry-level contracts. We’ve offered him a fair contract. We just have to see if it changes in the new CBA.”
You can understand why Del Zotto might be eager to get a deal done. As for his demands, the Rangers have offered him a deal in the range of $2.2-2.5 million per year and turned it down. If he wants a deal done before the CBA expires, he’s got until Saturday to do it.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12