Sep 9, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
You could say contract negotiations between the New York Rangers and RFA Michael Del Zotto have been a little dicey.
“He’ll come to his senses,” Sather said. “We’ve been down this road before with guys that just have come out of their entry-level contracts. We’ve offered him a fair contract. We just have to see if it changes in the new CBA.”
You can understand why Del Zotto might be eager to get a deal done. As for his demands, the Rangers have offered him a deal in the range of $2.2-2.5 million per year and turned it down. If he wants a deal done before the CBA expires, he’s got until Saturday to do it.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8