Sep 9, 2012, 6:57 PM EST
Those three should end up being significant parts of the Predators’ defense, but in the short term, it might be Kevin Klein that ends up finishing second to only Weber in Predators’ playing time.
“You don’t really replace a guy like (Suter),” Klein said, according to The Tennessean. “But we’re going to step up and everyone is going to step up and do a little extra. You’re replacing 28 minutes a game.”
Suter ranked third in the NHL in terms of ice time per game and even bested Weber in that regard. No one player is likely to fill that void, but Klein should play a big role in the post-Suter era.
- Video: Rangers’ Moore dangles, scores on beauty end-to-end rush 0
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 4
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36