Sep 9, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Many NHL players want to have the smaller, struggling teams get a bit more help, and why wouldn’t they want that? More money for everyone is a good thing. (The Tennessean)
Steve Simmons wants to know why American coaching hero Herb Brooks is in the Hockey Hall of Fame and Canadian hockey hero Paul Henderson isn’t. (Toronto Sun)
The Avalanche (and Nuggets) came up big in a charity event in Jessica Redfield’s memory. (All Things Avs)
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 34
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 16
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 14
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 59
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 94
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead