Sep 9, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
ESPN-New York’s Katie Strang heard from the Rangers coach during his charity dog walking event today, and he had all the right insight for both the NHL and NHLPA when it comes to figuring out their dispute.
“I just hope we keep on learning that this needs to be a partnership for this league to continue to flourish and grow as it has.”
From how Tortorella carries himself during and after games, you’d never think he’d be the guy with the cool head through all this, but here we are.
What’s lost in these labor talks is that it is a partnership between the players and owners, but negotiations have been made to look blurry with the owners’ steep demands on the players.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54