Sep 9, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
ESPN-New York’s Katie Strang heard from the Rangers coach during his charity dog walking event today, and he had all the right insight for both the NHL and NHLPA when it comes to figuring out their dispute.
“I just hope we keep on learning that this needs to be a partnership for this league to continue to flourish and grow as it has.”
From how Tortorella carries himself during and after games, you’d never think he’d be the guy with the cool head through all this, but here we are.
What’s lost in these labor talks is that it is a partnership between the players and owners, but negotiations have been made to look blurry with the owners’ steep demands on the players.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 47
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 24
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 39
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 30
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 40
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (53)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)