Sep 9, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
ESPN-New York’s Katie Strang heard from the Rangers coach during his charity dog walking event today, and he had all the right insight for both the NHL and NHLPA when it comes to figuring out their dispute.
“I just hope we keep on learning that this needs to be a partnership for this league to continue to flourish and grow as it has.”
From how Tortorella carries himself during and after games, you’d never think he’d be the guy with the cool head through all this, but here we are.
What’s lost in these labor talks is that it is a partnership between the players and owners, but negotiations have been made to look blurry with the owners’ steep demands on the players.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 9
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 21
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 12
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)