Sep 9, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
When the Tampa Bay Lightning traded for goalie Anders Lindback, it appeared they had landed their No. 1 netminder. Turns out that may not exactly be the case.
“They’re both going to get a lot of ice time,” Boucher. “I’m not expecting Lindback to come in here and play 65 games. He played 15 games the past two years, so it’s not fair to him. It’s not fair for the expectations.”
In truth, Lindback played 38 games the last two seasons, so he’s got a bit more of a background than that, but the fact remains he doesn’t have a ton of experience. With Garon fully recovered from a groin injury that ended his season last year, Lindback has the veteran help he’ll need to back him up.
Still, after how ineffective Dwayne Roloson was last season, goaltending remains a question mark for the Lightning. They have to hope Lindback has the ability to be their top guy.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 40
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)