Sep 9, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
When the Tampa Bay Lightning traded for goalie Anders Lindback, it appeared they had landed their No. 1 netminder. Turns out that may not exactly be the case.
“They’re both going to get a lot of ice time,” Boucher. “I’m not expecting Lindback to come in here and play 65 games. He played 15 games the past two years, so it’s not fair to him. It’s not fair for the expectations.”
In truth, Lindback played 38 games the last two seasons, so he’s got a bit more of a background than that, but the fact remains he doesn’t have a ton of experience. With Garon fully recovered from a groin injury that ended his season last year, Lindback has the veteran help he’ll need to back him up.
Still, after how ineffective Dwayne Roloson was last season, goaltending remains a question mark for the Lightning. They have to hope Lindback has the ability to be their top guy.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)