Sep 9, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
When the Tampa Bay Lightning traded for goalie Anders Lindback, it appeared they had landed their No. 1 netminder. Turns out that may not exactly be the case.
“They’re both going to get a lot of ice time,” Boucher. “I’m not expecting Lindback to come in here and play 65 games. He played 15 games the past two years, so it’s not fair to him. It’s not fair for the expectations.”
In truth, Lindback played 38 games the last two seasons, so he’s got a bit more of a background than that, but the fact remains he doesn’t have a ton of experience. With Garon fully recovered from a groin injury that ended his season last year, Lindback has the veteran help he’ll need to back him up.
Still, after how ineffective Dwayne Roloson was last season, goaltending remains a question mark for the Lightning. They have to hope Lindback has the ability to be their top guy.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)