Sep 8, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
It won’t come as too big of a shock, but Blue Jackets 2012 first-round pick Ryan Murray has his lockout plans in order.
Ryan Rishaug of TSN.com reports Murray will start his season with his junior team, the WHL’s Everett Silvertips, and could be there as soon as Thursday.
The one issue for Murray heading back to Everett centered around whether or not he’d be able to get out of there once the lockout ended. Those worries were put to rest as a recent report told us of an apparent agreement between the NHL and CHL to allow pro teams access to their players once the lockout was through.
With that door still open, Murray can start the year in juniors and re-join the Blue Jackets if/when the season begins.
Columbus has a lot of depth on the blue line, but Murray’s talent and status as the No. 2 overall pick have fans and coaches eager to see him in action with the big club.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 60
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 35
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 31
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 19
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)