Sep 8, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
It won’t come as too big of a shock, but Blue Jackets 2012 first-round pick Ryan Murray has his lockout plans in order.
Ryan Rishaug of TSN.com reports Murray will start his season with his junior team, the WHL’s Everett Silvertips, and could be there as soon as Thursday.
The one issue for Murray heading back to Everett centered around whether or not he’d be able to get out of there once the lockout ended. Those worries were put to rest as a recent report told us of an apparent agreement between the NHL and CHL to allow pro teams access to their players once the lockout was through.
With that door still open, Murray can start the year in juniors and re-join the Blue Jackets if/when the season begins.
Columbus has a lot of depth on the blue line, but Murray’s talent and status as the No. 2 overall pick have fans and coaches eager to see him in action with the big club.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 26
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)