Sep 8, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
It won’t come as too big of a shock, but Blue Jackets 2012 first-round pick Ryan Murray has his lockout plans in order.
Ryan Rishaug of TSN.com reports Murray will start his season with his junior team, the WHL’s Everett Silvertips, and could be there as soon as Thursday.
The one issue for Murray heading back to Everett centered around whether or not he’d be able to get out of there once the lockout ended. Those worries were put to rest as a recent report told us of an apparent agreement between the NHL and CHL to allow pro teams access to their players once the lockout was through.
With that door still open, Murray can start the year in juniors and re-join the Blue Jackets if/when the season begins.
Columbus has a lot of depth on the blue line, but Murray’s talent and status as the No. 2 overall pick have fans and coaches eager to see him in action with the big club.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup