Sep 8, 2012, 8:57 PM EDT
The collection of young talent surrounding the Edmonton Oilers has a lot of people thinking big, even those on the team.
“It’s going to be a dynamic hockey team and our goal is to make the playoffs. Then once you get there, you never know, the LA Kings are a prime example of that. It’s a whole other ball game once you get into the playoffs.”
Remember, the Kings were a team oozing with talent that just wasn’t scoring goals for a good part of the season and put it together at the end of the season and playoffs. For the Oilers to be at all like the Kings they’ll need really solid goaltending.
The team is high on Devan Dubnyk and still have a former Cup winner in Nikolai Khabibulin but it’s hard to see how they’ll just turn into a playoff team, never mind a Cup contender, overnight. The forwards will take care of their own business just fine, fixing everything else is, and has been, the major issue.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38