Sep 8, 2012, 6:36 PM EST
This season was shaping up to be an important one for Florida’s Erik Gudbranson, but it may have to wait a while before it starts.
Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel reports the 20 year-old defenseman was hurt in a training accident and things might be dicey. Fialkov says the injury may be serious and he required medical attention after it occurred.
In his first full season with the Panthers last year, Gudbranson scored two goals and added six assists with 78 penalty minutes in 72 games. He’s being groomed to be Florida’s physical presence on defense as well as a true defensive-defenseman.
Fortunately the Panthers have good depth on the blue line especially after adding Filip Kuba as a free agent this summer. If Gudbranson winds up missing a lot of time, a lockout could work out well to his benefit as far as getting time to recover without missing games.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)