Sep 8, 2012, 6:36 PM EDT
This season was shaping up to be an important one for Florida’s Erik Gudbranson, but it may have to wait a while before it starts.
Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel reports the 20 year-old defenseman was hurt in a training accident and things might be dicey. Fialkov says the injury may be serious and he required medical attention after it occurred.
In his first full season with the Panthers last year, Gudbranson scored two goals and added six assists with 78 penalty minutes in 72 games. He’s being groomed to be Florida’s physical presence on defense as well as a true defensive-defenseman.
Fortunately the Panthers have good depth on the blue line especially after adding Filip Kuba as a free agent this summer. If Gudbranson winds up missing a lot of time, a lockout could work out well to his benefit as far as getting time to recover without missing games.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)