Sep 8, 2012, 6:36 PM EDT
This season was shaping up to be an important one for Florida’s Erik Gudbranson, but it may have to wait a while before it starts.
Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel reports the 20 year-old defenseman was hurt in a training accident and things might be dicey. Fialkov says the injury may be serious and he required medical attention after it occurred.
In his first full season with the Panthers last year, Gudbranson scored two goals and added six assists with 78 penalty minutes in 72 games. He’s being groomed to be Florida’s physical presence on defense as well as a true defensive-defenseman.
Fortunately the Panthers have good depth on the blue line especially after adding Filip Kuba as a free agent this summer. If Gudbranson winds up missing a lot of time, a lockout could work out well to his benefit as far as getting time to recover without missing games.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)