Sep 8, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Obviously we still need a new CBA, but at least New Jersey Devils’ fans can take comfort in the fact that their team should be healthy if the season starts on time, based on an NHL.com report.
The Devils made it all the way to the 2012 Stanley Cup finals and that took its toll on the team. Ilya Kovalchuk was playing through a back injury, Mark Fayne had left wrist surgery in June, and Patrik Elias underwent groin surgery.
Kovalchuk and Elias are already over their injuries. Fayne is behind them, but should be alright by the start of the season.
“He’s coming along great,” Lamoriello said of Fayne. “He couldn’t play tomorrow, but he’ll be ready in a couple of weeks. He’s OK. It’s just making sure it’s 100-percent healed.”
The Devils are scheduled to start their training camp on Sept. 21, but the current CBA is set to expire on Sept. 15.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 7
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 9
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 108
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7