Sep 8, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
Obviously we still need a new CBA, but at least New Jersey Devils’ fans can take comfort in the fact that their team should be healthy if the season starts on time, based on an NHL.com report.
The Devils made it all the way to the 2012 Stanley Cup finals and that took its toll on the team. Ilya Kovalchuk was playing through a back injury, Mark Fayne had left wrist surgery in June, and Patrik Elias underwent groin surgery.
Kovalchuk and Elias are already over their injuries. Fayne is behind them, but should be alright by the start of the season.
“He’s coming along great,” Lamoriello said of Fayne. “He couldn’t play tomorrow, but he’ll be ready in a couple of weeks. He’s OK. It’s just making sure it’s 100-percent healed.”
The Devils are scheduled to start their training camp on Sept. 21, but the current CBA is set to expire on Sept. 15.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 49
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)