Sep 8, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Obviously we still need a new CBA, but at least New Jersey Devils’ fans can take comfort in the fact that their team should be healthy if the season starts on time, based on an NHL.com report.
The Devils made it all the way to the 2012 Stanley Cup finals and that took its toll on the team. Ilya Kovalchuk was playing through a back injury, Mark Fayne had left wrist surgery in June, and Patrik Elias underwent groin surgery.
Kovalchuk and Elias are already over their injuries. Fayne is behind them, but should be alright by the start of the season.
“He’s coming along great,” Lamoriello said of Fayne. “He couldn’t play tomorrow, but he’ll be ready in a couple of weeks. He’s OK. It’s just making sure it’s 100-percent healed.”
The Devils are scheduled to start their training camp on Sept. 21, but the current CBA is set to expire on Sept. 15.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25