Sep 8, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
Chris Pronger hasn’t played since Nov. 19 because of a concussion and anyone who is still hoping that he’ll be ready for the start of the 2012-13 campaign won’t like the latest news from Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren.
Holmgren said Pronger is still dealing with headaches and is “the same,” according to Sam Carchidi.
He will go to the Skate Zone at Voorhees in the coming weeks, but Holmgren said that Pronger will not be skating.
The current CBA is set to expire on Sept. 15, but if the season starts on time then the Philadelphia Flyers will be dealing with a number of injured blueliners. In addition to Pronger, Andrej Meszaros is recovering from an Achilles injury and Andreas Lilja underwent hip surgery.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)