Sep 8, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
Chris Pronger hasn’t played since Nov. 19 because of a concussion and anyone who is still hoping that he’ll be ready for the start of the 2012-13 campaign won’t like the latest news from Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren.
Holmgren said Pronger is still dealing with headaches and is “the same,” according to Sam Carchidi.
He will go to the Skate Zone at Voorhees in the coming weeks, but Holmgren said that Pronger will not be skating.
The current CBA is set to expire on Sept. 15, but if the season starts on time then the Philadelphia Flyers will be dealing with a number of injured blueliners. In addition to Pronger, Andrej Meszaros is recovering from an Achilles injury and Andreas Lilja underwent hip surgery.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22