Sep 8, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
Chris Pronger hasn’t played since Nov. 19 because of a concussion and anyone who is still hoping that he’ll be ready for the start of the 2012-13 campaign won’t like the latest news from Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren.
Holmgren said Pronger is still dealing with headaches and is “the same,” according to Sam Carchidi.
He will go to the Skate Zone at Voorhees in the coming weeks, but Holmgren said that Pronger will not be skating.
The current CBA is set to expire on Sept. 15, but if the season starts on time then the Philadelphia Flyers will be dealing with a number of injured blueliners. In addition to Pronger, Andrej Meszaros is recovering from an Achilles injury and Andreas Lilja underwent hip surgery.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)