Sep 8, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
Chris Pronger hasn’t played since Nov. 19 because of a concussion and anyone who is still hoping that he’ll be ready for the start of the 2012-13 campaign won’t like the latest news from Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren.
Holmgren said Pronger is still dealing with headaches and is “the same,” according to Sam Carchidi.
He will go to the Skate Zone at Voorhees in the coming weeks, but Holmgren said that Pronger will not be skating.
The current CBA is set to expire on Sept. 15, but if the season starts on time then the Philadelphia Flyers will be dealing with a number of injured blueliners. In addition to Pronger, Andrej Meszaros is recovering from an Achilles injury and Andreas Lilja underwent hip surgery.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)