Sep 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Josh Cooper caught up with Shea Weber during his return to Nashville, covering a variety of subjects starting with the tumultuous contract scenario he went through this summer.
“You have to move forward. I want to be here,” Weber said. “It was obviously tough and stressful going through all of it. Now that I look back, it’s something I’ll never forget.”
Weber discussed the fact that his deal doesn’t include a no-trade or no-movement clause, which was confirmed recently.
“I plan to be here for 14 years,” Weber said. “Now it’s not in my control. It’s obviously up to them and whatever they want to do, they can do. But I love it here, I love my teammates and the fans and the city.”
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8