Sep 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Josh Cooper caught up with Shea Weber during his return to Nashville, covering a variety of subjects starting with the tumultuous contract scenario he went through this summer.
“You have to move forward. I want to be here,” Weber said. “It was obviously tough and stressful going through all of it. Now that I look back, it’s something I’ll never forget.”
Weber discussed the fact that his deal doesn’t include a no-trade or no-movement clause, which was confirmed recently.
“I plan to be here for 14 years,” Weber said. “Now it’s not in my control. It’s obviously up to them and whatever they want to do, they can do. But I love it here, I love my teammates and the fans and the city.”
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5