Sep 7, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Josh Cooper caught up with Shea Weber during his return to Nashville, covering a variety of subjects starting with the tumultuous contract scenario he went through this summer.
“You have to move forward. I want to be here,” Weber said. “It was obviously tough and stressful going through all of it. Now that I look back, it’s something I’ll never forget.”
Weber discussed the fact that his deal doesn’t include a no-trade or no-movement clause, which was confirmed recently.
“I plan to be here for 14 years,” Weber said. “Now it’s not in my control. It’s obviously up to them and whatever they want to do, they can do. But I love it here, I love my teammates and the fans and the city.”
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40