Sep 7, 2012, 8:11 PM EDT
“I’ve been so busy with my training and my work with Nike and Livestrong that I haven’t had to worry about it,” Subban said, according to the Montreal Gazette. “(Agent) Don Meehan is looking after it and I know that it will be done before we start playing.”
Subban said it was a process like the CBA, which is another matter that needs to be resolved before he can resume his career with the Montreal Canadiens.
The current CBA is scheduled to expire on Sept. 15, but it sounds like he’s just as comfortable with NHLPA executive director Don Fehr as he is with his agent.
“The player have confidence in (NHLPA executive director) Don Fehr that he’ll be able to negotiate a fair deal,” said Subban. He later added, “We have the greatest fans in the world and we don’t want to hurt them, because ultimately they’re the ones who support us. None of us would be making money without them.”
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 4
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30