Sep 7, 2012, 9:40 PM EDT
The NHL and players’ union met informally for over two hours Friday morning. The two sides were tight-lipped following the exchange, but they decided to meet again Friday evening.
That meeting has ended too and again details were scarce, but Darren Dreger termed the negotiations as “good” and “candid.”
Either way, it looks like we’ll have to wait until Saturday to find out when/if the two sides will meet again, according to John Shannon.
The lack of details isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It could mean that the NHLPA and NHL are focused on negotiating behind closed doors rather than through the media.
“It’s good sign that we’re sitting in the same room,” Minnesota’s Zenon Konopka said, according to Michael Russo, after attending Friday’s meetings. “That can be taken as positive. We’re doing everything we can to get deal done”
The current CBA is set to expire on Sept. 15, so the two sides have a little over the week to come to an agreement if they want to avoid a potential lockout.
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 19
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 17
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 17
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 13
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 30
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)