Sep 7, 2012, 9:40 PM EDT
The NHL and players’ union met informally for over two hours Friday morning. The two sides were tight-lipped following the exchange, but they decided to meet again Friday evening.
That meeting has ended too and again details were scarce, but Darren Dreger termed the negotiations as “good” and “candid.”
Either way, it looks like we’ll have to wait until Saturday to find out when/if the two sides will meet again, according to John Shannon.
The lack of details isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It could mean that the NHLPA and NHL are focused on negotiating behind closed doors rather than through the media.
“It’s good sign that we’re sitting in the same room,” Minnesota’s Zenon Konopka said, according to Michael Russo, after attending Friday’s meetings. “That can be taken as positive. We’re doing everything we can to get deal done”
The current CBA is set to expire on Sept. 15, so the two sides have a little over the week to come to an agreement if they want to avoid a potential lockout.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)