Sep 7, 2012, 9:40 PM EST
The NHL and players’ union met informally for over two hours Friday morning. The two sides were tight-lipped following the exchange, but they decided to meet again Friday evening.
That meeting has ended too and again details were scarce, but Darren Dreger termed the negotiations as “good” and “candid.”
Either way, it looks like we’ll have to wait until Saturday to find out when/if the two sides will meet again, according to John Shannon.
The lack of details isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It could mean that the NHLPA and NHL are focused on negotiating behind closed doors rather than through the media.
“It’s good sign that we’re sitting in the same room,” Minnesota’s Zenon Konopka said, according to Michael Russo, after attending Friday’s meetings. “That can be taken as positive. We’re doing everything we can to get deal done”
The current CBA is set to expire on Sept. 15, so the two sides have a little over the week to come to an agreement if they want to avoid a potential lockout.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 8
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 8
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 23
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)