Sep 7, 2012, 9:40 PM EDT
The NHL and players’ union met informally for over two hours Friday morning. The two sides were tight-lipped following the exchange, but they decided to meet again Friday evening.
That meeting has ended too and again details were scarce, but Darren Dreger termed the negotiations as “good” and “candid.”
Either way, it looks like we’ll have to wait until Saturday to find out when/if the two sides will meet again, according to John Shannon.
The lack of details isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It could mean that the NHLPA and NHL are focused on negotiating behind closed doors rather than through the media.
“It’s good sign that we’re sitting in the same room,” Minnesota’s Zenon Konopka said, according to Michael Russo, after attending Friday’s meetings. “That can be taken as positive. We’re doing everything we can to get deal done”
The current CBA is set to expire on Sept. 15, so the two sides have a little over the week to come to an agreement if they want to avoid a potential lockout.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)