Sep 7, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
As rumored yesterday, the NHL and NHLPA are indeed holding informal meetings today in New York.
There’s no set agenda and no new proposals are expected to be presented, according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, but at the very least, the lines of communication will be open.
The current CBA expires Sept. 15 (next Saturday), at which point the owners are expected to lock out the players.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47