Sep 7, 2012, 11:02 AM EST
As rumored yesterday, the NHL and NHLPA are indeed holding informal meetings today in New York.
There’s no set agenda and no new proposals are expected to be presented, according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, but at the very least, the lines of communication will be open.
The current CBA expires Sept. 15 (next Saturday), at which point the owners are expected to lock out the players.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35