Sep 7, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
As rumored yesterday, the NHL and NHLPA are indeed holding informal meetings today in New York.
There’s no set agenda and no new proposals are expected to be presented, according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, but at the very least, the lines of communication will be open.
The current CBA expires Sept. 15 (next Saturday), at which point the owners are expected to lock out the players.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 5
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 43
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 18
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13