Sep 7, 2012, 11:02 AM EST
As rumored yesterday, the NHL and NHLPA are indeed holding informal meetings today in New York.
There’s no set agenda and no new proposals are expected to be presented, according to ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun, but at the very least, the lines of communication will be open.
The current CBA expires Sept. 15 (next Saturday), at which point the owners are expected to lock out the players.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 6
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54