Sep 7, 2012, 1:39 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA met informally for over two hours this morning in New York, and while neither side was willing to divulge what was discussed, at least they’re talking again.
The lack of rhetoric from either side following the meeting could also be construed as a positive.
It’s possible the two sides will meet again today or tomorrow, reports Chris Botta of Sports Business Journal.
The NHL and the NHLPA will meet again this afternoon at 5:30 pm. Not much progress to report today. #Lockout—
Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) September 07, 2012
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18