Sep 7, 2012, 1:39 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA met informally for over two hours this morning in New York, and while neither side was willing to divulge what was discussed, at least they’re talking again.
The lack of rhetoric from either side following the meeting could also be construed as a positive.
It’s possible the two sides will meet again today or tomorrow, reports Chris Botta of Sports Business Journal.
The NHL and the NHLPA will meet again this afternoon at 5:30 pm. Not much progress to report today. #Lockout—
Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) September 07, 2012
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)