Sep 7, 2012, 1:39 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA met informally for over two hours this morning in New York, and while neither side was willing to divulge what was discussed, at least they’re talking again.
The lack of rhetoric from either side following the meeting could also be construed as a positive.
It’s possible the two sides will meet again today or tomorrow, reports Chris Botta of Sports Business Journal.
The NHL and the NHLPA will meet again this afternoon at 5:30 pm. Not much progress to report today. #Lockout—
Bruce Garrioch (@SunGarrioch) September 07, 2012
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 6
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 23
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42