Sep 6, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
We’ve heard from plenty of players with their thoughts on what’s going on with the labor struggle between the players and owners, so why not a little more from one of the league’s formerly more controversial players?
Pittsburgh’s Matt Cooke spoke with Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and says things are a bit different than they were the last time the two sides haggled things out.
“The players are united,” he said. “That’s something that’s completely different than it was last time.”
Meanwhile, Cooke says no matter when things get settled between the NHL and NHLPA, they’ve got to be ready to go and that means no sitting around gorging on Primanti’s sandwiches in Pittsburgh.
“It’s how we earn a living for our families,” Cooke said. “Whether it’s Sept. 15, Sept. 21, Oct. 10 — whatever the date is — we still have to be ready. And you can’t do that sitting around doing nothing.”
The two sides have nine days before the owners will lock out the players, but Cooke and many others will be waiting for whenever they decide to unbar the doors.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)