Sep 6, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
With the September 15 deadline rapidly approaching until the owners lockout the players, Rangers star goalie Henrik Lundqvist tells Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com that it’s on the owners to figure out how they want to split up the financial pie in a fair way.
“Maybe they need to spread it better. It should be up to the owners more than the players because the money is coming in.
“Hopefully, they can figure it out,” he said. “They need to figure it out.”
It’s not all on the owners, of course, as it’s up to the players as to what they want to agree to. They could agree to the owners’ latest offer, but they’d be taking a huge loss in doing so. Lundqvist says the players’ needs are simple.
“Nobody is looking to get more money,” Lundqvist said. “We want a deal where both sides feel good. We need to figure out how to get all the teams to show a good result.”
Clock’s ticking, boys.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 2
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56