Sep 6, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
With the September 15 deadline rapidly approaching until the owners lockout the players, Rangers star goalie Henrik Lundqvist tells Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com that it’s on the owners to figure out how they want to split up the financial pie in a fair way.
“Maybe they need to spread it better. It should be up to the owners more than the players because the money is coming in.
“Hopefully, they can figure it out,” he said. “They need to figure it out.”
It’s not all on the owners, of course, as it’s up to the players as to what they want to agree to. They could agree to the owners’ latest offer, but they’d be taking a huge loss in doing so. Lundqvist says the players’ needs are simple.
“Nobody is looking to get more money,” Lundqvist said. “We want a deal where both sides feel good. We need to figure out how to get all the teams to show a good result.”
Clock’s ticking, boys.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 32
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)