Sep 6, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
With the September 15 deadline rapidly approaching until the owners lockout the players, Rangers star goalie Henrik Lundqvist tells Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com that it’s on the owners to figure out how they want to split up the financial pie in a fair way.
“Maybe they need to spread it better. It should be up to the owners more than the players because the money is coming in.
“Hopefully, they can figure it out,” he said. “They need to figure it out.”
It’s not all on the owners, of course, as it’s up to the players as to what they want to agree to. They could agree to the owners’ latest offer, but they’d be taking a huge loss in doing so. Lundqvist says the players’ needs are simple.
“Nobody is looking to get more money,” Lundqvist said. “We want a deal where both sides feel good. We need to figure out how to get all the teams to show a good result.”
Clock’s ticking, boys.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)