Sep 6, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
With the September 15 deadline rapidly approaching until the owners lockout the players, Rangers star goalie Henrik Lundqvist tells Andrew Gross of NorthJersey.com that it’s on the owners to figure out how they want to split up the financial pie in a fair way.
“Maybe they need to spread it better. It should be up to the owners more than the players because the money is coming in.
“Hopefully, they can figure it out,” he said. “They need to figure it out.”
It’s not all on the owners, of course, as it’s up to the players as to what they want to agree to. They could agree to the owners’ latest offer, but they’d be taking a huge loss in doing so. Lundqvist says the players’ needs are simple.
“Nobody is looking to get more money,” Lundqvist said. “We want a deal where both sides feel good. We need to figure out how to get all the teams to show a good result.”
Clock’s ticking, boys.
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 65
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)