Sep 6, 2012, 7:32 PM EDT
The Shane Doan contract deadline has changed frequently this summer, but he reiterated in an interview with XTRA Sports 910 that he’ll get a deal done by “midnight” on Sept. 15.
Chris Nichols transcribes some of his key quotes, starting with that deadline.
“I want everything to be done and over with,” Doan said. “I will be signed by midnight on the 15th.”
Doan said that the running is “down to two or three teams” but didn’t name them. He continues to state that he intends to stick with the Phoenix Coyotes if possible.
“My goal is to sign here … we have a deal worked out,” Doan said. “[The] focus is still with the Coyotes. It’s never, ever changed.”
He described other suitors as “phenomenally patient,” but Five For Howling points out that Doan said he’s just waiting on Glendale to sign the new ownership deal.
Still, it’s unclear what Doan’s strategy will be if the city hasn’t signed that agreement by Sept. 15.
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 2
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 10
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 40
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 41
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 25
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal
- Play Video: IIHF highlights: Sweden 3, Finland 0