Sep 6, 2012, 10:50 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks announced that they “partnered” with Metallica to raise $35K for the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society.
That’s a fantastic contribution to a great cause, which bolsters the less-noble cause of making really corny jokes.
Go ahead and enter your own in the comments, but here are a few groan-worthy bits to get the ball rolling:
- Tampa Bay really needs to do this too and exploit the “Ride the Lightning” tie-ins.
- Sure, the Canucks have their fair share of pests, but Metallica dealt with Napster.
- Dave Mustaine couldn’t make either team!*
- It’s a bad idea to play “Nothing else matters” while showing clips of the Stanley Cup in Vancouver.
- A Canucks partnership has nothing on the oddness that was Metallica’s collaboration with Lou Reed.
One other bit of comments fun: match up Metallica members with Canucks/players. (Cory Schneider is so Jason Newsted.)
* – Sorry.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 26
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 18
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 43
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)