Sep 6, 2012, 10:50 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks announced that they “partnered” with Metallica to raise $35K for the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society.
That’s a fantastic contribution to a great cause, which bolsters the less-noble cause of making really corny jokes.
Go ahead and enter your own in the comments, but here are a few groan-worthy bits to get the ball rolling:
- Tampa Bay really needs to do this too and exploit the “Ride the Lightning” tie-ins.
- Sure, the Canucks have their fair share of pests, but Metallica dealt with Napster.
- Dave Mustaine couldn’t make either team!*
- It’s a bad idea to play “Nothing else matters” while showing clips of the Stanley Cup in Vancouver.
- A Canucks partnership has nothing on the oddness that was Metallica’s collaboration with Lou Reed.
One other bit of comments fun: match up Metallica members with Canucks/players. (Cory Schneider is so Jason Newsted.)
* – Sorry.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18