Sep 6, 2012, 10:50 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks announced that they “partnered” with Metallica to raise $35K for the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society.
That’s a fantastic contribution to a great cause, which bolsters the less-noble cause of making really corny jokes.
Go ahead and enter your own in the comments, but here are a few groan-worthy bits to get the ball rolling:
- Tampa Bay really needs to do this too and exploit the “Ride the Lightning” tie-ins.
- Sure, the Canucks have their fair share of pests, but Metallica dealt with Napster.
- Dave Mustaine couldn’t make either team!*
- It’s a bad idea to play “Nothing else matters” while showing clips of the Stanley Cup in Vancouver.
- A Canucks partnership has nothing on the oddness that was Metallica’s collaboration with Lou Reed.
One other bit of comments fun: match up Metallica members with Canucks/players. (Cory Schneider is so Jason Newsted.)
* – Sorry.
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 2
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 48
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)