Sep 6, 2012, 10:50 PM EST
The Vancouver Canucks announced that they “partnered” with Metallica to raise $35K for the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society.
That’s a fantastic contribution to a great cause, which bolsters the less-noble cause of making really corny jokes.
Go ahead and enter your own in the comments, but here are a few groan-worthy bits to get the ball rolling:
- Tampa Bay really needs to do this too and exploit the “Ride the Lightning” tie-ins.
- Sure, the Canucks have their fair share of pests, but Metallica dealt with Napster.
- Dave Mustaine couldn’t make either team!*
- It’s a bad idea to play “Nothing else matters” while showing clips of the Stanley Cup in Vancouver.
- A Canucks partnership has nothing on the oddness that was Metallica’s collaboration with Lou Reed.
One other bit of comments fun: match up Metallica members with Canucks/players. (Cory Schneider is so Jason Newsted.)
* – Sorry.
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24