Sep 6, 2012, 10:50 PM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks announced that they “partnered” with Metallica to raise $35K for the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society.
That’s a fantastic contribution to a great cause, which bolsters the less-noble cause of making really corny jokes.
Go ahead and enter your own in the comments, but here are a few groan-worthy bits to get the ball rolling:
- Tampa Bay really needs to do this too and exploit the “Ride the Lightning” tie-ins.
- Sure, the Canucks have their fair share of pests, but Metallica dealt with Napster.
- Dave Mustaine couldn’t make either team!*
- It’s a bad idea to play “Nothing else matters” while showing clips of the Stanley Cup in Vancouver.
- A Canucks partnership has nothing on the oddness that was Metallica’s collaboration with Lou Reed.
One other bit of comments fun: match up Metallica members with Canucks/players. (Cory Schneider is so Jason Newsted.)
* – Sorry.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)