Sep 6, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins signed first-round draft pick Malcolm Subban to an entry-level contract today.
That takes him one step closer to a made-for-TV matchup with his brother P.K. Subban, whose Montreal Canadiens face the Bruins six times per season. (At least according to current scheduling.)
Malcolm Subban probably still has a long way to go to be the Tony to P.K.’s Phil Esposito, though.
Goalies tend to take some time to develop, and even with Tim Thomas almost certainly out of the picture, it could be a while before he receives extended NHL reps.
(On the other hand, P.K. made a quick jump – especially for a defenseman – so you never know.)
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 0
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)