Sep 6, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins signed first-round draft pick Malcolm Subban to an entry-level contract today.
That takes him one step closer to a made-for-TV matchup with his brother P.K. Subban, whose Montreal Canadiens face the Bruins six times per season. (At least according to current scheduling.)
Malcolm Subban probably still has a long way to go to be the Tony to P.K.’s Phil Esposito, though.
Goalies tend to take some time to develop, and even with Tim Thomas almost certainly out of the picture, it could be a while before he receives extended NHL reps.
(On the other hand, P.K. made a quick jump – especially for a defenseman – so you never know.)
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1