Sep 6, 2012, 6:18 PM EST
The Boston Bruins signed first-round draft pick Malcolm Subban to an entry-level contract today.
That takes him one step closer to a made-for-TV matchup with his brother P.K. Subban, whose Montreal Canadiens face the Bruins six times per season. (At least according to current scheduling.)
Malcolm Subban probably still has a long way to go to be the Tony to P.K.’s Phil Esposito, though.
Goalies tend to take some time to develop, and even with Tim Thomas almost certainly out of the picture, it could be a while before he receives extended NHL reps.
(On the other hand, P.K. made a quick jump – especially for a defenseman – so you never know.)
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 2
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 2
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8