Sep 5, 2012, 2:29 PM EST
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the average annual value of Smith’s extension is $1.88 million.
Smith is coming off a 14-goal, 12-assist season with the Sens. The 24-year-old was the club’s third-round pick (79th overall) in the 2008 draft.
Smith still has one year remaining on his current contract with a cap hit of $700,000.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32