Sep 5, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
There are a couple reasons that the deal might make some sense.
Yandle’s a Boston native and a high-scoring defenseman whose point-producing skills have already made him a two-time All-Star at just 26.
Aside from Zdeno Chara‘s flamethrower of a slap shot, the Bruins’ defense hasn’t been a steady source of offense – even during their Cup run.
To acquire a player of Yandle’s caliber, the Coyotes would likely want a talented young player in return from the Bruins. David Krejci, who signed a three-year $15.75 million deal that kicks in this season, carries a cap hit equal to Yandle’s ($5.25 million) which might make the B’s center a logical chip to move.
Meanwhile, Oliver Ekman-Larsson‘s tantalizing promise might make Yandle’s skills a bit redundant, especially on a team with a tight budget like the Coyotes.
Does this deal make sense for both sides?
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 5
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 14
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 8
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 57
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination