Sep 5, 2012, 9:40 PM EDT
Aaron Portzline reports that Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson extended a one-year, $4.2 million offer to Jagr, who eventually accepted a bit more ($4.5 million) with Dallas.
Portzline points out someone who would have a “heavy hand” in bringing in Jagr: new CBJ adviser Craig Patrick drafted him as the Pittsburgh Penguins GM.
Jagr told Randy Miller that he almost felt like Patrick viewed him as “his kid” back when he asked to be traded from Pittsburgh.
“He drafted me. I felt like I was his kid or something,” Jagr said. “I think it would be tough for him to trade me if I didn’t come to him and say it.”
So there’s a fun “What if?” scenario for you.
The Blue Jackets did draft Jakub Voracek – aka “Jagr Jr.” – so it would have been an odd full circle moment.
Instead, Sergei Fedorov remains arguably the strangest Blue Jacket yet.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 5
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 8
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (92)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)