Sep 5, 2012, 8:20 PM EST
Martin St. Louis remembers the last lockout well; he told Erik Erlendsson that if the players need to do much of the same, then so be it.
“Last time we lost an entire season to turn around and give them their deal, so if we have to sit we’ll sit,” St. Louis said.
Hearing from St. Louis is especially interesting because, to some, he was the face of the last lockout.
During the previous season, he collected a Hart Trophy while his Tampa Bay Lightning shocked the hockey world by winning a Stanley Cup.
Even video game fans probably associate St. Louis with that lost season, as he was the cover star for that year’s NHL2K title.
He’s no longer a top-five player in the league, but at 37, St. Louis only has so many All-Star caliber years left.
It doesn’t appear that his perspective has changed as the years have gone by, though.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 33
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (113)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)