Sep 5, 2012, 8:20 PM EST
Martin St. Louis remembers the last lockout well; he told Erik Erlendsson that if the players need to do much of the same, then so be it.
“Last time we lost an entire season to turn around and give them their deal, so if we have to sit we’ll sit,” St. Louis said.
Hearing from St. Louis is especially interesting because, to some, he was the face of the last lockout.
During the previous season, he collected a Hart Trophy while his Tampa Bay Lightning shocked the hockey world by winning a Stanley Cup.
Even video game fans probably associate St. Louis with that lost season, as he was the cover star for that year’s NHL2K title.
He’s no longer a top-five player in the league, but at 37, St. Louis only has so many All-Star caliber years left.
It doesn’t appear that his perspective has changed as the years have gone by, though.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 21
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)