Sep 5, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
Eric Koreen reports that MLSE – aka the huge company that owns the Toronto Maple Leafs – settled on new president Tom Anselmi.
Koreen reports that he’s been with MLSE since 1996, so he’s someone who has been in the organization for a long time. (Anselmi’s major focus was often Toronto FC, according to Koreen.)
The company made an outside search before settling on someone from within:
MLSE had hired Korn/Ferry, an executive recruiting firm, to expand the scope of the search for Peddie’s replacement. However, it is believed that Anselmi was always the preferred internal choice.
It’s unclear how Anselmi feels about GM Brian Burke’s work, which is relevant because he might be the person who would pull the trigger if the outspoken executive gets fired.
Anselmi’s plate will likely be full, though. Along with running the Maple Leafs, MLSE owns the Toronto Marlies, Toronto Raptors and Toronto FC.
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 72
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (72)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)