Sep 5, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
Eric Koreen reports that MLSE – aka the huge company that owns the Toronto Maple Leafs – settled on new president Tom Anselmi.
Koreen reports that he’s been with MLSE since 1996, so he’s someone who has been in the organization for a long time. (Anselmi’s major focus was often Toronto FC, according to Koreen.)
The company made an outside search before settling on someone from within:
MLSE had hired Korn/Ferry, an executive recruiting firm, to expand the scope of the search for Peddie’s replacement. However, it is believed that Anselmi was always the preferred internal choice.
It’s unclear how Anselmi feels about GM Brian Burke’s work, which is relevant because he might be the person who would pull the trigger if the outspoken executive gets fired.
Anselmi’s plate will likely be full, though. Along with running the Maple Leafs, MLSE owns the Toronto Marlies, Toronto Raptors and Toronto FC.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)