Sep 5, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
Eric Koreen reports that MLSE – aka the huge company that owns the Toronto Maple Leafs – settled on new president Tom Anselmi.
Koreen reports that he’s been with MLSE since 1996, so he’s someone who has been in the organization for a long time. (Anselmi’s major focus was often Toronto FC, according to Koreen.)
The company made an outside search before settling on someone from within:
MLSE had hired Korn/Ferry, an executive recruiting firm, to expand the scope of the search for Peddie’s replacement. However, it is believed that Anselmi was always the preferred internal choice.
It’s unclear how Anselmi feels about GM Brian Burke’s work, which is relevant because he might be the person who would pull the trigger if the outspoken executive gets fired.
Anselmi’s plate will likely be full, though. Along with running the Maple Leafs, MLSE owns the Toronto Marlies, Toronto Raptors and Toronto FC.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 8
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)