Sep 5, 2012, 10:50 PM EDT
Earlier this summer, Ilya Bryzgalov seemed pretty confident that he’d play in the KHL if there was a lockout.
On second thought, he told CSNPhilly.com’s Lisa Hillary that it might not be such a sure thing.
“You know, it’s a tough decision,” Bryzgalov said. “Maybe we’ll return to Russia and find a school for the kids, I don’t know. Maybe we stay here. It’s a family decision. We’ve got to sit together and decide what we’re going to do.”
Breezy gives the impression that he won’t really make that call until the dreaded date of Sept. 15.
Sarah Baicker explains why it could be such a “tough family decision.”
Bryzgalov’s two children returned to school Wednesday morning: son Vladislav started first grade and daughter Valery entered third grade. Certainly, it would be less than ideal for the family to pick up and move to Russia in the middle of the two kids’ school years.
What will Bryzgalov do if he isn’t playing hockey?
Bryzgalov said he has “plenty of things to do,” including “having fun.”
(Hopefully while practicing tiger safety.)
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 0
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 2
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 10
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 26
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 12
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 68
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination