Sep 5, 2012, 10:50 PM EDT
Earlier this summer, Ilya Bryzgalov seemed pretty confident that he’d play in the KHL if there was a lockout.
On second thought, he told CSNPhilly.com’s Lisa Hillary that it might not be such a sure thing.
“You know, it’s a tough decision,” Bryzgalov said. “Maybe we’ll return to Russia and find a school for the kids, I don’t know. Maybe we stay here. It’s a family decision. We’ve got to sit together and decide what we’re going to do.”
Breezy gives the impression that he won’t really make that call until the dreaded date of Sept. 15.
Sarah Baicker explains why it could be such a “tough family decision.”
Bryzgalov’s two children returned to school Wednesday morning: son Vladislav started first grade and daughter Valery entered third grade. Certainly, it would be less than ideal for the family to pick up and move to Russia in the middle of the two kids’ school years.
What will Bryzgalov do if he isn’t playing hockey?
Bryzgalov said he has “plenty of things to do,” including “having fun.”
(Hopefully while practicing tiger safety.)
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)