Sep 5, 2012, 2:50 PM EDT
Dwyer, 29, has one year remaining on his current contract, after which he’ll earn $900,000 in each of 2013-14 and 2014-15.
“Patrick has been an excellent fit for our organization, and plays an important role for our team,” ‘Canes GM Jim Rutherford said in a release. “He is one of our top penalty killers and provides speed for our forward lines.”
Dwyer played 73 games last season, scoring five goals and adding seven assists.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 16
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 112
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17