Sep 5, 2012, 2:50 PM EDT
Dwyer, 29, has one year remaining on his current contract, after which he’ll earn $900,000 in each of 2013-14 and 2014-15.
“Patrick has been an excellent fit for our organization, and plays an important role for our team,” ‘Canes GM Jim Rutherford said in a release. “He is one of our top penalty killers and provides speed for our forward lines.”
Dwyer played 73 games last season, scoring five goals and adding seven assists.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 0
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22