Sep 5, 2012, 2:50 PM EDT
Dwyer, 29, has one year remaining on his current contract, after which he’ll earn $900,000 in each of 2013-14 and 2014-15.
“Patrick has been an excellent fit for our organization, and plays an important role for our team,” ‘Canes GM Jim Rutherford said in a release. “He is one of our top penalty killers and provides speed for our forward lines.”
Dwyer played 73 games last season, scoring five goals and adding seven assists.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 2
- In praise of John Tavares 11
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36