Sep 5, 2012, 2:50 PM EST
Dwyer, 29, has one year remaining on his current contract, after which he’ll earn $900,000 in each of 2013-14 and 2014-15.
“Patrick has been an excellent fit for our organization, and plays an important role for our team,” ‘Canes GM Jim Rutherford said in a release. “He is one of our top penalty killers and provides speed for our forward lines.”
Dwyer played 73 games last season, scoring five goals and adding seven assists.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35