Sep 4, 2012, 9:23 PM EDT
Perhaps a Sept. 13 Board of Governors’ meeting is the “real” deadline for a lockout.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio quotes a “league source” who claims that Gary Bettman will address the Board of Governors on that date to “re-affirm” that the owners are on board for a work stoppage.
League source: On Sept. 13, Bettman addresses BOG. Will re-affirm that owners r on board w/lockout if no CBA by 9/15—
Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) September 05, 2012
After a series of steady (if divisive meetings) dominated the last couple months, the NHLPA and owners said that they don’t currently have a plan to meet up again.
Maybe something will change in the next week-plus, but if not, hockey fans might get the bad news a couple days earlier than many expected.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 34
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)