Sep 4, 2012, 9:23 PM EST
Perhaps a Sept. 13 Board of Governors’ meeting is the “real” deadline for a lockout.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio quotes a “league source” who claims that Gary Bettman will address the Board of Governors on that date to “re-affirm” that the owners are on board for a work stoppage.
League source: On Sept. 13, Bettman addresses BOG. Will re-affirm that owners r on board w/lockout if no CBA by 9/15—
Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) September 05, 2012
After a series of steady (if divisive meetings) dominated the last couple months, the NHLPA and owners said that they don’t currently have a plan to meet up again.
Maybe something will change in the next week-plus, but if not, hockey fans might get the bad news a couple days earlier than many expected.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 33
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 10
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)