Sep 4, 2012, 9:23 PM EDT
Perhaps a Sept. 13 Board of Governors’ meeting is the “real” deadline for a lockout.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio quotes a “league source” who claims that Gary Bettman will address the Board of Governors on that date to “re-affirm” that the owners are on board for a work stoppage.
League source: On Sept. 13, Bettman addresses BOG. Will re-affirm that owners r on board w/lockout if no CBA by 9/15—
Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) September 05, 2012
After a series of steady (if divisive meetings) dominated the last couple months, the NHLPA and owners said that they don’t currently have a plan to meet up again.
Maybe something will change in the next week-plus, but if not, hockey fans might get the bad news a couple days earlier than many expected.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 10
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)