Sep 4, 2012, 9:23 PM EST
Perhaps a Sept. 13 Board of Governors’ meeting is the “real” deadline for a lockout.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio quotes a “league source” who claims that Gary Bettman will address the Board of Governors on that date to “re-affirm” that the owners are on board for a work stoppage.
League source: On Sept. 13, Bettman addresses BOG. Will re-affirm that owners r on board w/lockout if no CBA by 9/15—
Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) September 05, 2012
After a series of steady (if divisive meetings) dominated the last couple months, the NHLPA and owners said that they don’t currently have a plan to meet up again.
Maybe something will change in the next week-plus, but if not, hockey fans might get the bad news a couple days earlier than many expected.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 20
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 33
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 16
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)