Sep 4, 2012, 9:23 PM EST
Perhaps a Sept. 13 Board of Governors’ meeting is the “real” deadline for a lockout.
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio quotes a “league source” who claims that Gary Bettman will address the Board of Governors on that date to “re-affirm” that the owners are on board for a work stoppage.
League source: On Sept. 13, Bettman addresses BOG. Will re-affirm that owners r on board w/lockout if no CBA by 9/15—
Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) September 05, 2012
After a series of steady (if divisive meetings) dominated the last couple months, the NHLPA and owners said that they don’t currently have a plan to meet up again.
Maybe something will change in the next week-plus, but if not, hockey fans might get the bad news a couple days earlier than many expected.
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 5
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 16
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 14
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 41
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 5
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 14
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)