Sep 4, 2012, 11:07 AM EST
With the Sept. 15 expiration of the current CBA looming, it doesn’t appear the NHL and NHLPA will be meeting today.
Nor, for that matter, are there any future meetings planned.
That’s not to say there’s no communication between the two sides whatsoever (perhaps Gary Bettman and Donald Fehr are chatting on messenger as we speak), but formal talks remain “recessed.”
The NHL and NHLPA last met Friday. (It did not go well.)
According to TSN’s Aaron Ward, the following week will see the NHL’s Board of Governors descend on New York City for meetings, at which point the players’ union will also be in town.
Rumble in Central Park?
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)