Sep 4, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
With the Sept. 15 expiration of the current CBA looming, it doesn’t appear the NHL and NHLPA will be meeting today.
Nor, for that matter, are there any future meetings planned.
That’s not to say there’s no communication between the two sides whatsoever (perhaps Gary Bettman and Donald Fehr are chatting on messenger as we speak), but formal talks remain “recessed.”
The NHL and NHLPA last met Friday. (It did not go well.)
According to TSN’s Aaron Ward, the following week will see the NHL’s Board of Governors descend on New York City for meetings, at which point the players’ union will also be in town.
Rumble in Central Park?
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 3
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 54
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 42
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 48
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 59
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)