Sep 4, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
With the Sept. 15 expiration of the current CBA looming, it doesn’t appear the NHL and NHLPA will be meeting today.
Nor, for that matter, are there any future meetings planned.
That’s not to say there’s no communication between the two sides whatsoever (perhaps Gary Bettman and Donald Fehr are chatting on messenger as we speak), but formal talks remain “recessed.”
The NHL and NHLPA last met Friday. (It did not go well.)
According to TSN’s Aaron Ward, the following week will see the NHL’s Board of Governors descend on New York City for meetings, at which point the players’ union will also be in town.
Rumble in Central Park?
- Video: Drouin scores first NHL goal, shows early chemistry with Stamkos 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 16
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 18
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)