Sep 4, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
With the Sept. 15 expiration of the current CBA looming, it doesn’t appear the NHL and NHLPA will be meeting today.
Nor, for that matter, are there any future meetings planned.
That’s not to say there’s no communication between the two sides whatsoever (perhaps Gary Bettman and Donald Fehr are chatting on messenger as we speak), but formal talks remain “recessed.”
The NHL and NHLPA last met Friday. (It did not go well.)
According to TSN’s Aaron Ward, the following week will see the NHL’s Board of Governors descend on New York City for meetings, at which point the players’ union will also be in town.
Rumble in Central Park?
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 5
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 21
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 86
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 81
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 17
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (87)
- Stoll charged with cocaine possession, but not MDMA possession (82)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (81)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)