Sep 4, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
The owners and the NHLPA don’t currently have a plan to meet again after CBA talks hit a wall, but the players are still shooting for PR victories.
Agent Allan Walsh passes along this quote from the NHLPA.
NHLPA.com: "The Players are willing to continue to negotiate and also continue to work until a deal is reached."—
Allan Walsh (@walsha) September 05, 2012
On face value, this statement makes it look like the NHLPA would still like to hold more meetings – or at least keep the lines of communication open.
“There’s no two-way street in their proposal,” Zetterberg said. “We’re trying to find a way to partner up with them. We have problems in the league. We have to find a solution, players and the league together, and both help out.”
“We don’t want to get locked out again. For players and fans, ’04 was no fun. And here we are again.”
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40