Sep 4, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
The owners and the NHLPA don’t currently have a plan to meet again after CBA talks hit a wall, but the players are still shooting for PR victories.
Agent Allan Walsh passes along this quote from the NHLPA.
NHLPA.com: "The Players are willing to continue to negotiate and also continue to work until a deal is reached."—
Allan Walsh (@walsha) September 05, 2012
On face value, this statement makes it look like the NHLPA would still like to hold more meetings – or at least keep the lines of communication open.
“There’s no two-way street in their proposal,” Zetterberg said. “We’re trying to find a way to partner up with them. We have problems in the league. We have to find a solution, players and the league together, and both help out.”
“We don’t want to get locked out again. For players and fans, ’04 was no fun. And here we are again.”
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 4
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 24
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1