Sep 4, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
The owners and the NHLPA don’t currently have a plan to meet again after CBA talks hit a wall, but the players are still shooting for PR victories.
Agent Allan Walsh passes along this quote from the NHLPA.
NHLPA.com: "The Players are willing to continue to negotiate and also continue to work until a deal is reached."—
Allan Walsh (@walsha) September 05, 2012
On face value, this statement makes it look like the NHLPA would still like to hold more meetings – or at least keep the lines of communication open.
“There’s no two-way street in their proposal,” Zetterberg said. “We’re trying to find a way to partner up with them. We have problems in the league. We have to find a solution, players and the league together, and both help out.”
“We don’t want to get locked out again. For players and fans, ’04 was no fun. And here we are again.”
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22