Sep 4, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
The owners and the NHLPA don’t currently have a plan to meet again after CBA talks hit a wall, but the players are still shooting for PR victories.
Agent Allan Walsh passes along this quote from the NHLPA.
NHLPA.com: "The Players are willing to continue to negotiate and also continue to work until a deal is reached."—
Allan Walsh (@walsha) September 05, 2012
On face value, this statement makes it look like the NHLPA would still like to hold more meetings – or at least keep the lines of communication open.
“There’s no two-way street in their proposal,” Zetterberg said. “We’re trying to find a way to partner up with them. We have problems in the league. We have to find a solution, players and the league together, and both help out.”
“We don’t want to get locked out again. For players and fans, ’04 was no fun. And here we are again.”
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18