Sep 4, 2012, 10:45 PM EST
The owners and the NHLPA don’t currently have a plan to meet again after CBA talks hit a wall, but the players are still shooting for PR victories.
Agent Allan Walsh passes along this quote from the NHLPA.
NHLPA.com: "The Players are willing to continue to negotiate and also continue to work until a deal is reached."—
Allan Walsh (@walsha) September 05, 2012
On face value, this statement makes it look like the NHLPA would still like to hold more meetings – or at least keep the lines of communication open.
“There’s no two-way street in their proposal,” Zetterberg said. “We’re trying to find a way to partner up with them. We have problems in the league. We have to find a solution, players and the league together, and both help out.”
“We don’t want to get locked out again. For players and fans, ’04 was no fun. And here we are again.”
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 8
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15