Sep 3, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Everyone in the hockey community is aware that the CBA negotiations stalled on Friday. The current agreement between the players and owners is set to expire on Sept. 15 and the threat of a lockout is very real.
Still, all those involved in making the NHL what it is need to proceed as if the season will start on time, including Wild head coach Mike Yeo.
“I’m doing my best to just put all that stuff aside,” Yeo said, according to the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune. “If they get things worked out and we have training camp, I don’t want to be caught saying, ‘Oh boy, I thought there was going to be a lockout.’
“I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little bit worried. With the expectations that we have, with the excitement that we have coming out of this summer [in which the Wild signed Zach Parise and Ryan Suter] … it would definitely be disappointing.”
Parise and Suter agreed to matching 13-year, $98 million contracts with the Wild over the summer. The question now is if those additions are enough to propel the Wild after they missed the playoffs by 14 points last season.
Hopefully we’ll begin to discover the answer to that question sooner rather than later, but whenever the season starts, the new and improved Minnesota Wild will get a lot of attention.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 7
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 11
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 39
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 62
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)