Sep 3, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Everyone in the hockey community is aware that the CBA negotiations stalled on Friday. The current agreement between the players and owners is set to expire on Sept. 15 and the threat of a lockout is very real.
Still, all those involved in making the NHL what it is need to proceed as if the season will start on time, including Wild head coach Mike Yeo.
“I’m doing my best to just put all that stuff aside,” Yeo said, according to the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune. “If they get things worked out and we have training camp, I don’t want to be caught saying, ‘Oh boy, I thought there was going to be a lockout.’
“I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little bit worried. With the expectations that we have, with the excitement that we have coming out of this summer [in which the Wild signed Zach Parise and Ryan Suter] … it would definitely be disappointing.”
Parise and Suter agreed to matching 13-year, $98 million contracts with the Wild over the summer. The question now is if those additions are enough to propel the Wild after they missed the playoffs by 14 points last season.
Hopefully we’ll begin to discover the answer to that question sooner rather than later, but whenever the season starts, the new and improved Minnesota Wild will get a lot of attention.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 0
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 7
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 52
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 24
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 18
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 15
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)