Sep 3, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Everyone in the hockey community is aware that the CBA negotiations stalled on Friday. The current agreement between the players and owners is set to expire on Sept. 15 and the threat of a lockout is very real.
Still, all those involved in making the NHL what it is need to proceed as if the season will start on time, including Wild head coach Mike Yeo.
“I’m doing my best to just put all that stuff aside,” Yeo said, according to the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune. “If they get things worked out and we have training camp, I don’t want to be caught saying, ‘Oh boy, I thought there was going to be a lockout.’
“I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little bit worried. With the expectations that we have, with the excitement that we have coming out of this summer [in which the Wild signed Zach Parise and Ryan Suter] … it would definitely be disappointing.”
Parise and Suter agreed to matching 13-year, $98 million contracts with the Wild over the summer. The question now is if those additions are enough to propel the Wild after they missed the playoffs by 14 points last season.
Hopefully we’ll begin to discover the answer to that question sooner rather than later, but whenever the season starts, the new and improved Minnesota Wild will get a lot of attention.
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 12
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 6
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 35
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 4
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)