Sep 3, 2012, 8:10 PM EST
Everyone in the hockey community is aware that the CBA negotiations stalled on Friday. The current agreement between the players and owners is set to expire on Sept. 15 and the threat of a lockout is very real.
Still, all those involved in making the NHL what it is need to proceed as if the season will start on time, including Wild head coach Mike Yeo.
“I’m doing my best to just put all that stuff aside,” Yeo said, according to the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune. “If they get things worked out and we have training camp, I don’t want to be caught saying, ‘Oh boy, I thought there was going to be a lockout.’
“I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little bit worried. With the expectations that we have, with the excitement that we have coming out of this summer [in which the Wild signed Zach Parise and Ryan Suter] … it would definitely be disappointing.”
Parise and Suter agreed to matching 13-year, $98 million contracts with the Wild over the summer. The question now is if those additions are enough to propel the Wild after they missed the playoffs by 14 points last season.
Hopefully we’ll begin to discover the answer to that question sooner rather than later, but whenever the season starts, the new and improved Minnesota Wild will get a lot of attention.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)