Sep 3, 2012, 6:47 PM EST
On Friday, the same day that the CBA negotiations stalled, a fan-made video entitled “‘Together We Can’ #nolockout” was posted on YouTube. Since then it’s gone viral with over 145,000 views and more than a thousand comments.
Judging by some of those comments and the sheer ratios of likes/dislikes, it seems like the video has been very well received. It also struck a cord with 2012 Calder Trophy winner Gabriel Landeskog, who tweeted that the video gave him chills.
In the video description, the author concedes that the video has an NHLPA bias, but adds that “I hope you guys understand the main message and idea of the video even if you were standing in a neutral position.”
You can view his work below to get a sense for the author’s intended message:
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny 0
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52