Sep 3, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
Tarasenko’s agent Mike Liut discussed Tarasenko’s tough call from both angles.
“You’re playing in the NHL, the best league in the world, and that’s what he wants to do. From that standpoint, he’s doing what any other player his age is doing, so it’s not that big of a deal,” Liut said. “On the other hand, he’s giving up a lot of money to come over here and play. That’s just the simple truth of it, but we don’t need to make a lot of that either. It is what it is.”
Liut indicates that Tarasenko isn’t making a big deal about his presence in the U.S., either.
“You tell him they’re going to have a press conference Thursday to introduce him to the media and it’s almost like, ‘OK, why?,'” Liut said. “Certainly they have media in Russia, but he doesn’t quite grasp it. He’s a kid coming over to play hockey.”
If he lives up to the hype, Tarasenko will need to get used to all of the attention.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)