Sep 3, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
Tarasenko’s agent Mike Liut discussed Tarasenko’s tough call from both angles.
“You’re playing in the NHL, the best league in the world, and that’s what he wants to do. From that standpoint, he’s doing what any other player his age is doing, so it’s not that big of a deal,” Liut said. “On the other hand, he’s giving up a lot of money to come over here and play. That’s just the simple truth of it, but we don’t need to make a lot of that either. It is what it is.”
Liut indicates that Tarasenko isn’t making a big deal about his presence in the U.S., either.
“You tell him they’re going to have a press conference Thursday to introduce him to the media and it’s almost like, ‘OK, why?,’” Liut said. “Certainly they have media in Russia, but he doesn’t quite grasp it. He’s a kid coming over to play hockey.”
If he lives up to the hype, Tarasenko will need to get used to all of the attention.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)