Sep 3, 2012, 3:20 PM EST
Tarasenko’s agent Mike Liut discussed Tarasenko’s tough call from both angles.
“You’re playing in the NHL, the best league in the world, and that’s what he wants to do. From that standpoint, he’s doing what any other player his age is doing, so it’s not that big of a deal,” Liut said. “On the other hand, he’s giving up a lot of money to come over here and play. That’s just the simple truth of it, but we don’t need to make a lot of that either. It is what it is.”
Liut indicates that Tarasenko isn’t making a big deal about his presence in the U.S., either.
“You tell him they’re going to have a press conference Thursday to introduce him to the media and it’s almost like, ‘OK, why?,’” Liut said. “Certainly they have media in Russia, but he doesn’t quite grasp it. He’s a kid coming over to play hockey.”
If he lives up to the hype, Tarasenko will need to get used to all of the attention.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)