Sep 3, 2012, 3:20 PM EDT
Tarasenko’s agent Mike Liut discussed Tarasenko’s tough call from both angles.
“You’re playing in the NHL, the best league in the world, and that’s what he wants to do. From that standpoint, he’s doing what any other player his age is doing, so it’s not that big of a deal,” Liut said. “On the other hand, he’s giving up a lot of money to come over here and play. That’s just the simple truth of it, but we don’t need to make a lot of that either. It is what it is.”
Liut indicates that Tarasenko isn’t making a big deal about his presence in the U.S., either.
“You tell him they’re going to have a press conference Thursday to introduce him to the media and it’s almost like, ‘OK, why?,'” Liut said. “Certainly they have media in Russia, but he doesn’t quite grasp it. He’s a kid coming over to play hockey.”
If he lives up to the hype, Tarasenko will need to get used to all of the attention.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 1
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)