Sep 3, 2012, 4:50 PM EST
As the Phoenix Coyotes’ ownership situation drags on, head coach Dave Tippett told Sarah McLellan that the team’s remaining moves come down to trying to re-sign Shane Doan.
“We hope to settle Doan,” Tippett said. “That would be the one big one, obviously. Other than that, I don’t foresee any other moves before camp.”
McLellan discusses the fact that the Coyotes weren’t in a position to add more offensive firepower, instead making minor moves (including crossing their fingers that Steve Sullivan can replace Ray Whitney).
On the other hand, McLellan praised Phoenix’s defensive tweaks. She believes that Zbynek Michalek‘s return and the team’s “bundle of youth” will make for an even better blueline next season.
“Our defense is going to be a big part of our team, and that’s been a real strength of ours,” Tippett said.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)