Sep 3, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
As the Phoenix Coyotes’ ownership situation drags on, head coach Dave Tippett told Sarah McLellan that the team’s remaining moves come down to trying to re-sign Shane Doan.
“We hope to settle Doan,” Tippett said. “That would be the one big one, obviously. Other than that, I don’t foresee any other moves before camp.”
McLellan discusses the fact that the Coyotes weren’t in a position to add more offensive firepower, instead making minor moves (including crossing their fingers that Steve Sullivan can replace Ray Whitney).
On the other hand, McLellan praised Phoenix’s defensive tweaks. She believes that Zbynek Michalek‘s return and the team’s “bundle of youth” will make for an even better blueline next season.
“Our defense is going to be a big part of our team, and that’s been a real strength of ours,” Tippett said.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 0
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 1
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 20
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Video: More late-game nastiness between Flames, Canucks 17
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)