Sep 3, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
As the Phoenix Coyotes’ ownership situation drags on, head coach Dave Tippett told Sarah McLellan that the team’s remaining moves come down to trying to re-sign Shane Doan.
“We hope to settle Doan,” Tippett said. “That would be the one big one, obviously. Other than that, I don’t foresee any other moves before camp.”
McLellan discusses the fact that the Coyotes weren’t in a position to add more offensive firepower, instead making minor moves (including crossing their fingers that Steve Sullivan can replace Ray Whitney).
On the other hand, McLellan praised Phoenix’s defensive tweaks. She believes that Zbynek Michalek‘s return and the team’s “bundle of youth” will make for an even better blueline next season.
“Our defense is going to be a big part of our team, and that’s been a real strength of ours,” Tippett said.
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 1
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 13
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 14
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 7
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 5
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 86
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (86)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (73)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)