Sep 3, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
At this point, you’ve probably heard over and over again that the CBA negotiations stalled on Friday.
We don’t know if there will be a lockout or if the season will start on time. However, as CBC recently pointed out, when hockey does resume, several players will be gunning for noteworthy milestones.
Take Miikka Kiprusoff for example. As CBC reported, the Calgary Flames goaltender is just one game shy of 600 and six shutouts away from 50. Kiprusoff has recorded 10 shutouts over the last two campaigns, so reaching that mark in 2012-13 isn’t out of the realm of possibilities if the start of the NHL season isn’t delayed. Tomas Vokoun and Nikolai Khabibulin are also closing in on the 50 shutout mark.
Meanwhile Alex Tanguay needs just three more assists to reach the 500-mark.
Those feats are worthy of celebration, but they’re not the only major statistical accomplishments that we could see in 2012-13. In additions to the ones from CBC’s list, here’s a few others to watch out for:
- Jaromir Jagr is 47 points shy of 1,700. Only seven players in the history of the NHL have ever reached that mark.
- Roman Hamrlik needs to play in 21 more contests to reach the 1,400 mark. Jagr and Teemu Selanne are 54 and 59 games shy respectively of the same milestone.
- In terms of the all-time goals list, Jagr has 665 and Selanne has 663. They’re within striking distance of the 10th place Luc Robitaille (668), ninth place Mario Lemieux (690), eighth place Steve Yzerman (692), and seventh place Mark Messier (694).
- Patrick Marleau is 13 goals away from becoming the 88th member of the 400-goals club.
- Jagr is just 12 assists away from becoming the 12th player to record 1,000 helpers.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 20
- Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 22
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)