Sep 2, 2012, 3:44 PM EDT
HARBORcenter Development, LLC, which is a development company affiliated with the Buffalo Sabres, has been selected as the preferred developer of the Webster Block, according to the Sabres’ official website. Their $123 million downtown Buffalo project will lead to the construction of, among other things, two new ice rinks.
“We are proud to be named the preferred developer of the Webster Block,” said Sabres owner Terry Pegula. “This project will further enhance the current development at Canalside and in the process, create a destination attraction to draw hundreds of thousands of people to Buffalo’s waterfront on a yearly basis.”
The city also considered another “excellent and competitive” proposal, before ultimately selecting HARBORcenter Development. The alternate proposal was a $64 million plan that would have led to the construction of office space and apartments. Both proposals included plans for a hotel and retail space.
Under HARBORcenter Development’s plan, an estimated 350 full-time jobs will be created.
“In the end, the Selection Committee recommended the project it believed would be best for the City of Buffalo, and selected HARBORcenter Development and the Buffalo Sabres,” said Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)