Sep 2, 2012, 3:44 PM EST
HARBORcenter Development, LLC, which is a development company affiliated with the Buffalo Sabres, has been selected as the preferred developer of the Webster Block, according to the Sabres’ official website. Their $123 million downtown Buffalo project will lead to the construction of, among other things, two new ice rinks.
“We are proud to be named the preferred developer of the Webster Block,” said Sabres owner Terry Pegula. “This project will further enhance the current development at Canalside and in the process, create a destination attraction to draw hundreds of thousands of people to Buffalo’s waterfront on a yearly basis.”
The city also considered another “excellent and competitive” proposal, before ultimately selecting HARBORcenter Development. The alternate proposal was a $64 million plan that would have led to the construction of office space and apartments. Both proposals included plans for a hotel and retail space.
Under HARBORcenter Development’s plan, an estimated 350 full-time jobs will be created.
“In the end, the Selection Committee recommended the project it believed would be best for the City of Buffalo, and selected HARBORcenter Development and the Buffalo Sabres,” said Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 46
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)