Sep 2, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
The next game in the long-running EA Sports’ NHL series is coming out in mere weeks (Sept. 11 if you live in North America) and NHL 13 will include a redesigned Hockey Ultimate Team mode.
Among the most noteworthy changes being announced are the removal of salary cap and career length restricts, which should give players more flexibility when building their team. In addition to that, team chemistry will play a bigger role in your on-ice success or failure. You’ll also have the ability to take on top HUT teams, even when the owner is offline.
EA has a video to provide a rundown of the changes being made to HUT:
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6