Sep 2, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
The next game in the long-running EA Sports’ NHL series is coming out in mere weeks (Sept. 11 if you live in North America) and NHL 13 will include a redesigned Hockey Ultimate Team mode.
Among the most noteworthy changes being announced are the removal of salary cap and career length restricts, which should give players more flexibility when building their team. In addition to that, team chemistry will play a bigger role in your on-ice success or failure. You’ll also have the ability to take on top HUT teams, even when the owner is offline.
EA has a video to provide a rundown of the changes being made to HUT:
- Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 10
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 5
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29