Sep 2, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
The next game in the long-running EA Sports’ NHL series is coming out in mere weeks (Sept. 11 if you live in North America) and NHL 13 will include a redesigned Hockey Ultimate Team mode.
Among the most noteworthy changes being announced are the removal of salary cap and career length restricts, which should give players more flexibility when building their team. In addition to that, team chemistry will play a bigger role in your on-ice success or failure. You’ll also have the ability to take on top HUT teams, even when the owner is offline.
EA has a video to provide a rundown of the changes being made to HUT:
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32