Sep 2, 2012, 9:36 PM EDT
In particular, Mayers expressed frustrations about owners seemingly dismissing the NHLPA’s first proposal.
“We presented what I would (describe) as an unbelievable offer to owners that would help fix a lot of the problems in the next three or four years,” Mayers said. “… We’ve recognized there are issues and we’ve come up with an opportunity for the owners to fix them and for whatever reason, they don’t think our ideas were good enough.”
With the current standstill in mind, more Blackhawks are acknowledging the possibility of a European sojourn.
“For a young guy like me who can go over there and keep my skills and keep up my game is a big thing,” Bolland, 26, said. “We never want to miss a season (or) games. I talked to my agent to see what the options are. We’ll see how this goes.”
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 4
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 27
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 27
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25