Sep 1, 2012, 4:50 PM EST
The Swedish Elite League will allow goals to be kicked in this season, so long as the skate remains along the ice.
According to Linus Hugosson of Pro Hockey Magazine, it’s hoped the new rule will make it easier for referees to determine if a goal is good or not.
So now instead of everyone arguing over whether there was a “distinct kicking motion,” we suppose they’ll be arguing over whether the skate remained along the ice.
Anyway, we’re sure SEL goalies are thrilled with the news and can’t wait to try and cover a loose puck in the crease while everyone’s kicking at it.
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 2
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56