Sep 1, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
The Swedish Elite League will allow goals to be kicked in this season, so long as the skate remains along the ice.
According to Linus Hugosson of Pro Hockey Magazine, it’s hoped the new rule will make it easier for referees to determine if a goal is good or not.
So now instead of everyone arguing over whether there was a “distinct kicking motion,” we suppose they’ll be arguing over whether the skate remained along the ice.
Anyway, we’re sure SEL goalies are thrilled with the news and can’t wait to try and cover a loose puck in the crease while everyone’s kicking at it.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 10
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)