Sep 1, 2012, 4:50 PM EST
The Swedish Elite League will allow goals to be kicked in this season, so long as the skate remains along the ice.
According to Linus Hugosson of Pro Hockey Magazine, it’s hoped the new rule will make it easier for referees to determine if a goal is good or not.
So now instead of everyone arguing over whether there was a “distinct kicking motion,” we suppose they’ll be arguing over whether the skate remained along the ice.
Anyway, we’re sure SEL goalies are thrilled with the news and can’t wait to try and cover a loose puck in the crease while everyone’s kicking at it.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)