Sep 1, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators, according to The Tennessean, have lost the services of their charter airline, Swift Air LLC, which has legally terminated its contract with the club after being granted the right by an Arizona bankruptcy judge.
The Preds aren’t the only NHL franchise that will have to find new transportation options. Swift has nixed all its contracts with Western-based pro sports team, including the Colorado Avalanche and as well as the NBA’s Denver Nuggets and Phoenix Suns.
The troubled airline will continue to fly the Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Chicago Blackhawks, St. Louis Blues, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks.
Oh, and for those wondering if Swift Air is in any way related to Swift Transportation, the trucking company belonging to former Phoenix Coyotes owner Jerry Moyes – yes, it is. He owns the airline, too.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (70)