Sep 1, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
The Nashville Predators, according to The Tennessean, have lost the services of their charter airline, Swift Air LLC, which has legally terminated its contract with the club after being granted the right by an Arizona bankruptcy judge.
The Preds aren’t the only NHL franchise that will have to find new transportation options. Swift has nixed all its contracts with Western-based pro sports team, including the Colorado Avalanche and as well as the NBA’s Denver Nuggets and Phoenix Suns.
The troubled airline will continue to fly the Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Chicago Blackhawks, St. Louis Blues, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks.
Oh, and for those wondering if Swift Air is in any way related to Swift Transportation, the trucking company belonging to former Phoenix Coyotes owner Jerry Moyes – yes, it is. He owns the airline, too.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 1
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 11
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33