Sep 1, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
The Nashville Predators, according to The Tennessean, have lost the services of their charter airline, Swift Air LLC, which has legally terminated its contract with the club after being granted the right by an Arizona bankruptcy judge.
The Preds aren’t the only NHL franchise that will have to find new transportation options. Swift has nixed all its contracts with Western-based pro sports team, including the Colorado Avalanche and as well as the NBA’s Denver Nuggets and Phoenix Suns.
The troubled airline will continue to fly the Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Chicago Blackhawks, St. Louis Blues, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks.
Oh, and for those wondering if Swift Air is in any way related to Swift Transportation, the trucking company belonging to former Phoenix Coyotes owner Jerry Moyes – yes, it is. He owns the airline, too.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)