Sep 1, 2012, 11:06 PM EDT
According to a Toronto Star report, the Vancouver Police Department has located three individuals who they suspect took part in Vancouver’s Stanley Cup riot.
The riot followed the Boston Bruins defeat of the Vancouver Canucks on June 15, 2011. As CBC reported shortly after the event, at least 140 people were injured during the rioting.
It also leD to plenty of negative media attention. CBC named it the top news story of the year in British Columbia.
The three suspects are believed to be in Illinois, Alaska, and Washington. One of them is a Canadian citizen who is thought to be studying in the States, but the other two are Americans.
“All three are aware that there is warrant out for them right now,” said Vancouver Police Constable Brian Montague.
They have been advised that they will be arrested if they attempt to enter Canada and the possibility of extradition hasn’t been ruled out.
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 13
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 46
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 65
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 19
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 32
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 99
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (92)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (81)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games